Desde nuestro blog
The style of GUGU means winking eye to reality, but we also appreciate the classical achievements of the world of art, with a capital A letter. You have surely noticed that our collection has made the reference inter alia to the outstanding paintings many times. We decided to choose those that best reflect the character of our style and are the most popular among the people of GUGU. Do not worry, you will not be bored. It will be quick journey through the achievements of the artists, whom you simply need to know.
1. Gustav Klimt - unquestionably one of our favourite artists, perfectly fitting in with our vision of art and modern, non-shcematic forms of expression. We invited one of his most famous works, i.e. "Kiss", to our collection. This fantastic and fanciful painting captivates not only us, but also the people of GUGU, which is confirmed by exceptional popularity of the clothes with this theme. The absolute must-have for any season.
2. Eugene Delacroix -a great representative of romanticism in painting, whose works are among the most distinctive in the entire collection of Mr GUGU & Miss GO. Some of them, such as "The girl in the cemetery", were taken over in as a whole, because we were fascinated by their perfection. Others, such as "Liberty Leading the People" served us as a great base to include a bit of absurdity and show that the classical art can be the object of far-reaching interpretation (hence the cat as the hero). Undoubtedly, the paintings of Delacroix stand out in our collection.
3. William-Adolphe Bouguereau -the French artist, who appears in our collection due to his beautiful presentation of "The Birth of Venus". This theme was interpreted with a number of ways. We chose the one that is not so excellent and well-known, like the work of Botticelli. The excellent graphics shows the power of print in 3D technology and brilliant colour reproduction. Interesting choice for a party to confirm your familiarity with the art and respect for the outstanding artistic achievements.
4. Jan Vermeer -and his famous "Girl with a pearl" is one of the most striking paintings, which co-create our collection. Disturbing, dark, ambiguous. Such as the whole Dutch seventeenth-century painting. If you want to know the circumstances of this unusual painting, we recommend a film with Scarlett Johansson in the title role.
5. Leonardo da Vinci -the master of the masters, whose presence in the style of GUGU is a great honour for us. We, of course, turned to the absolute classic, i.e. "Mona Lisa", still inscrutable, mysterious, painting dedicated to the researchers all over the world. We are proud that we have succeeded to reproduce every detail of this unusual painting in such a great extent. The honour to the art in all its glory.
6. Egon Schiele -you probably mistook his paintings with the achievements of our Witkiewicz many times, we want you to realize that he is one of the most outstanding representatives of the raw, naturalistic style in painting. He cannot be clearly classified, because he created his own trend, which is refused by many people. Thus, common in his days, accusations of spreading pornography. We do not mind, we love walking against the grain, the individuals, the iconoclasts, who have something important to say. The collection of GUGU provides some fantastic reproductions of the works of Schiele; although, there is the 21st century, you will certainly arouse controversy presenting them in your environment.
7. Jan Matejko -the native accent at the end of our summary, i.e. the outstanding national painter (as it sounds awful in today's xenophobic times). The collection of GUGU could not miss the famous "Stańczyk". You need not follow the classical interpretation of this work. You can find your own vision in him, because we think the painting carries a lot of meanings composing perfectly with the contemporary reality. Without a doubt - into consideration.